Thursday, July 14, 2005

This stuff's delicious!

A couple of nights ago I was doing some grocery shopping, and I was looking for some good sandwich makings. I'm not normally a peanut butter eater, but I'd eat a PB&J if it was offered to me. (I think it's ridiculous that the marketplace has gotten so lazy as to demand individually-wrapped peanut butter "slices", as well as frozen, reheatable crustless PB&J pop tarts sandwiches, but I digress.)

So I was intrigued when my eyes hit the top shelf, because I saw a selection of nut butters that I thought might be worth a try. I took a chance and bought a jar of Maranatha Almond Butter. For more than $7, it was a risk, you know. Now, I've never seen a jar of peanut butter with the oil separated up to the top, but apparently almond butter is a different story. So I stirred it up, bringing it to a much thinner consistency than expected, and poured s little bit onto my bread.

Fan. Freaking. Tastic.

I kind of want to eat it by the spoonful, but that'd be both wrong and messy. But now I'll take an AB&J any day of the week!

1 Talked Back:

At July 14, 2005 at 7:15:00 PM CDT, Blogger Jim said...

Q. What do you attract if you put Almond Butter in your bird feeder?
A. Cher

 

Okay, now it's your turn | Home