Friday, September 02, 2005

1 to the 8 to the 5

Okay, okay, so I'm a bit overweight. Not grotesquely overweight, just like 30 pounds. And I'm thinking that it's time to be honest about it with my fellow bloggers and readers, because I'm just tired of lugging around this extra poundage, and I need some accountability.

So I'm going public with it. I have started a new blog, that I'll be updating as often as I can (except this weekend, because I'll be out at the X-Fest), where I'll weigh in and, as best as I can remember, provide a list of what I've been eating that day.

I don't want to start another blog and not finish it. It's too easy to do. So, can you help me out here? Make a comment or two, check up on me, give me a nudge when I don't update, etc. I'm not asking you to be my mom, just a pal.

By the way, I'm not doing this to be better than anyone. This is just for me and my own weight issue. If you have any of your own weight issues, they're none of my business, I'm not asking you to tell me about it, and I love you just the same. :)

5 Talked Back:

At September 4, 2005 at 11:05:00 AM CDT, Blogger historymike said...

You may have hit upon a terrific weight-loss method, Stan.

Weight Watchers, of course, uses the peer pressure and support schema, but your blog makes your weight a worldwide phenomena.

You will now have the entire blogosphere to pressure you into eating properly and exercising.

That is, as long as you remain honest about the results!

 

At September 5, 2005 at 2:44:00 AM CDT, Blogger stan said...

Well, I will be honest about this: from Friday night until right now, I would definitely say that progress was not made on the weight loss front. I ate somewhat poorly, and my only exercise consisted of a lot of walking and shooting photos. And enduring ear-splitting noice coming from speaker stacks as I tried to get good shooting angles for the bands.

 

At September 6, 2005 at 1:46:00 AM CDT, Blogger stan said...

I should note that I'm not going to beat myself up if I don't eat perfectly. I understand that some foods are better than others, and that this whole process may be two steps forward, one step back. If I have a cookie or some movie theater popcorn or something like that, as long as I'm not habitually or consistently eating this way, I should be fine.

I will not be ruled by guilt. :)

 

At September 6, 2005 at 7:28:00 AM CDT, Blogger Carnealian said...

Weight issue? Moi? I love to eat, hate to exercise, and love to tell other people what they should or shouldn't be doing to lose their extra poundage. I swear I'm going back to the gym tomorrow and we start eating better...tomorrow.

 

At September 8, 2005 at 11:44:00 AM CDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, Stan - I know you didn't ask me to be your Mom, but I just happen to be and I just read our blog from Friday. I just picked up a copy of "Woman's World" today, because of an article on cover that says "Get skinny eating GOOD CARBS" I have read it and it seems a pretty simple and sensible way to make some changes in my diet that should help to lighten the load. You know I need to reduce more than you do, but you might think about this. Be careful though! Dont let anyone catch you buying Women's World or they might talk about you!! Ha Ha. Bet you didn't think I'd read this, did you? Love, Mom

 

Okay, now it's your turn | Home