Friday, July 21, 2006

It gives new meaning to the words "wheel bearing"


When I saw this, I did a double-take, then a triple-take. Was this a real product, or was it my imagination? Then I realized that I live in Portland, where many people's bumper stickers proudly proclaim, "KEEP PORTLAND WEIRD". So yeah, at that point, it didn't surprise me.

If I ever had to drive a car with bear-shaped wheel covers, I would probably have to scrape them along the curb for twenty-five solid minutes every day.

Update: By the way, I forgot to mention that I saw this car in the parking lot of an auto parts store, where I was actually buying wheel bearings!

2 Talked Back:

At July 21, 2006 at 3:57:00 PM CDT, Blogger Scott said...

I have also seen these up here, and always woundered why anyone would put these on their car?

 

At July 21, 2006 at 9:36:00 PM CDT, Blogger Katie said...

So wrong! Were there are bunch of beanie baby bears in the front dash and back window? And maybe a cheesy license plate cover? That would fit.

 

Okay, now it's your turn | Home