Friday, January 25, 2008

Did she give herself a gold star?

By now everyone’s heard of Airborne, the tablet you’re supposed to take to prevent catching a cold when you’re in a room full of people. I’ve tried it before, didn’t really like the weird “lemon”-esque flavor, and I don’t know whether it worked or not. I’ve still gotten colds.

The thing that I think is strange about this product is how they’ve really pushed the fact that the formula for Airborne was invented by a substitute second-grade school teacher. Did she come up with it during story time, or maybe during recess? Maybe she mixed up a bowl of unidentifiable cafeteria food and stumbled upon the formula? Perhaps the reason why it didn’t work for me was because it wasn’t invented by, you know, a team of doctors, or scientists in a research lab...someone whose career is centered around creating medicines that actually help people.

4 Talked Back:

At January 25, 2008 at 10:59:00 PM CST, Blogger Jana Swartwood said...

Ha ha! I actually bought some of the stuff for my most recent trip, but I never ended up taking it. I've wondered the same thing, though. How on earth did this person come up with this?

 

At January 26, 2008 at 6:53:00 PM CST, Blogger Andrew Weaver said...

I used to substitute teach. If only I would have followed the natural progression from substitute teacher to pharmacist. I would have made millions.

 

At January 28, 2008 at 12:14:00 AM CST, Blogger Katie said...

I take it before every flight. I think it helps definitely. I also take it when I feel I'm coming down with something.

But regardless I've wondered the same thing... Who concocts stuff like this while they are teaching? Were the kids her guinea pigs?

 

At January 29, 2008 at 9:16:00 AM CST, Blogger meagan said...

Have you noticed how now their commercials even feature a little cartoon teacher saying "That wasn't created by me; don't buy knockoffs!" So silly.

I've never taken it. For me, I notice the raspberry Emergen-C is the best for if I sense a cold coming on.

love meagan

 

Okay, now it's your turn | Home