Friday, October 31, 2008

And now, a special Halloween message from Grumpy McGrumperson

Look, I know that it's safer to have your kids trick-or-treating in the office than it is in a dark neighborhood where people don't know their neighbors like in years past. I get that.

But let me remind you of something: This is still an office, and people still need to get work done. If I am on the phone, and you and your extremely loud kids are yelling "TRICK OR TREAT!!!" to all my cubicle neighbors, I cannot hear what people on the phone are saying. Not only that, but the customer can't hear what I'm saying either, because it sounds like I'm sitting in the middle of a crowded elementary school cafeteria right after someone's let a cougar loose.

So maybe next year you can just leave the kids at home, and quietly go from cube to cube yourself, on behalf of your kids. Oh, wait, you say that the whole point is for the kids to get the experience? Well, that's not what you think the rest of the year when you do all of their fund raising for them. You can't have it both ways.

By the way, are you on the clock while you are trick-or-treating? Yeah, I thought so.

2 Talked Back:

At October 31, 2008 at 7:17:00 PM CDT, Blogger Matt and Lori Graber said...

Okay Mr. Grumpy-Pants...I take it you aren't going to hand out treats this year??? By the way...cute pint-size firefighter!

 

At October 31, 2008 at 7:43:00 PM CDT, Blogger stan said...

Actually, we are handing out candy tonight, at home. We've had two visitors, and it's 7:40. Of course, we're out in the middle of nowhere... :)

Oh, and that was a photo I grabbed from the Internet.

 

Okay, now it's your turn | Home