Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Feeling desperation!

Wow, this morning I just felt desperate to hear some sermons from the Lord. I'm not particular about who's doing the preaching, as long as they're preaching the Bible.

I don't have a radio with me today, so my source has to be the Internet. Here at work, there are all kinds of Internet filters; one of them is a high-bandwidth filter which blocks out a lot of streaming audio. What's more, the machine I'm on doesn't have Real Audio, and I can't download it. Not only that, it denies access to all MP3 links. So what I need is something low-bandwidth that pops up in its own application window.

I did find one source, fortunately: there are a few sermons I can listen to from Crossway Church in Bartlett, Tennessee. Without the Internet, how would I have ever had the ability to find fresh voices like this? What a blessing!

So now I have some good audio to last me for the next couple of days. I think I'm going to find and burn some more sermons onto a CD, ones that the firewall would filter out from here. And I'll keep looking!