Thursday, March 10, 2005

I've fallen so far behind...

Last night I finally finished another comic.

I always save several versions of each comic: The original version, which is separated into several layers (ink, color, frames, etc.) and is drawn at 5790x1950 pixels. I save it in its raw state in case I need to change anything later. The next version is the same as the first, only all of the layers are flattened into one. I then reduce the image to 625 pixels wide for the main site, and save it as a 256-color GIF. I undo the reduction, redo it to 600 pixels wide for the Comics Sherpa mirror site, and again save it as a 256-color GIF.

I was in the middle of this saving/reducing process at about 9:30 last night when I was just slammed over the head by Mr. Sandman. I just couldn't keep my eyes open, and though I hope I didn't save anything incorrectly, I'm just not sure. Obviously, I wasn't awake to actually upload anything.

So I'm beginning to wonder if I will ever be able to catch up on this thing. I will not give it up. But I have several storylines written for the next few months' worth of strips (actually, the last few months, since I'm still bogged down in October 2004), and I really want to get those drawn and out there before I change directions with the strip.

I think what I would need to do is just shut myself out from the rest of the world for about a month, not talking to anyone, not working, not...seeing...any friends...NO! THAT'S A BAD PLAN! Life will continue as it is now, no isolation, definitely seeing my friends! And though the comic will suffer, I will surely not.

Because life is actually really good right now.

Really good.