Friday, May 20, 2005

I haven't found 'Lost' yet

I have been keenly interested in the show "Lost" for a while now, but I haven't seen an episode yet. I have heard and read little tidbits about it, about how there are possibly cryptic elements to the show, à la "The X-Files". I don't know if that's true, but when I keep reading words like "secrets" and "rumors" in connection with the show, it tells me that it's a big story that's unfolding a little at a time. Sounds intriguing.

Before the show premiered, I thought that it'd be kind of a cool show to watch, but then I forgot about it for the first couple of weeks. Then I started occasionally going to Wednesday night services at East Hill Church, causing me to miss more episodes. By that point I had started getting the impression that it's a better show when watched from the beginning - like "24" was - so I've purposely avoided it since.

It's a good thing we live in the age of TV Shows On DVD. Newer, popular shows get released during the summer rerun season in order to bring new viewers (like me) up to speed before the next season starts. "Lost" Season 1 looks to sell for between $39 (Amazon pre-sell) and $60, which is far too much for me to pay for an untested show, so I'll rent it, a few episodes at a time. Maybe I'll sign up for Netflix to avoid out-of-stock discs at the video store.