Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Welcome *cough* back to *cough* school

Well, it's the first day of school for most kids, but some districts have already started. The school buses for the district I live in are kept in a lot that's right along my morning commute, so chances are good that I'll encounter one or more every day.

Every bus in the fleet - and I mean every bus - has diesel exhaust pouring out of it in thick clouds when accelerating. Sometimes I'll have to wait at the light behind three buses, and when the light's green, I get the collected fumes from all of them. You'd think that the second and third bus driver would catch a whiff and bring it to someone's attention, but apparently, nobody cares.

The sad thing is, at this time of year, the weather's still nice, so there are kids sitting in the seats next to open windows breathing in that nasty stuff.

Do they not have mechanics?

1 Talked Back:

At September 6, 2005 at 11:14:00 AM CDT, Blogger Carnealian said...

I don't know how it is where you live, but in PA, we are required to get emissions tests at the time we get our cars inspected. But, the trucks, busses, etc. don't have to. Does this make ANY sense? They are the one's belching filth into the air. No, that's not a quote from Sting either.

 

Okay, now it's your turn | Home