Thursday, April 20, 2006

I want my baby back, baby back, baby back, because you're contradicting yourself

So at work today I noticed this coupon lying on top of a lunch table, and because I just can't help myself, I picked it up to read it. It was a coupon for Chili's restaurant which was clearly ripped out of one of those Entertainment coupon books that schoolkids sell to raise funds for new soccer gear or whatever.

There are two contradictions on this coupon that basically make it self-voiding. Maybe this is by design, or maybe the coupons are designed by committee. I don't know. All I know is that I feel it's my duty to report this to you, my loyal blog reader.

First, on the back of the coupon, notice what it says happens if the coupon has been purchased. VOID! Um, hello? One cannot acquire the coupon any other way besides buying the book!



Second, it says on the front of the coupon, in bold letters, that the coupon is "valid anytime". To me, the word "anytime" means, well, any time that the restaurant is open. But look again at the back: "Not valid holidays." Well, Merry Christmas to you, too.





There's something fishy going on here. Or, maybe it's ribby. (On account of Chili's ribs and...well...okay, you get it.)

1 Talked Back:

At April 24, 2006 at 12:20:00 AM CDT, Blogger Katie said...

I just was thinking about this post, and you my friend, and I have decided you are an observer of oft' overlooked details. This could be your profession. We could market this!

While we are all flurrying through life you are observing the oddities and idiosyncrasies we see everyday and bringing them to our attention. And it never fails to make me giggle. Maybe we all just need to slow down and take it all in more.

 

Okay, now it's your turn | Home