Monday, July 24, 2006

I'm not 100% sure about this


(Sorry for the crappy picture quality, but I only had the cell phone with me.)

So I was at Target today, and I noticed these bottles of juice in the "impulse buy" area (up by the registers, next to the $7.99 Kevin Costner DVDs). When I looked at this bottle, the words "100% JUICE" were what caught my attention. Then I noticed that below those words, it reads "from concentrate with added ingredients".

Look, math major, it's a simple rule: If there are ingredients added to the original ingredient, then the main ingredient cannot be 100% of the total makeup of the product. Maybe it's in the high 90 percent range, but it can't be 100%. Therefore, this isn't 100% juice.

Think of it this way. If you add a tablespoon of dirt to a glass of clean water, it ceases to be 100% clean water, right?

Am I missing something?

3 Talked Back:

At July 24, 2006 at 9:39:00 PM CDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are SO very right...

 

At July 26, 2006 at 9:45:00 PM CDT, Blogger Di said...

ha ha, that cracks me up. What would be the added ingredients? I totally agree. Next they will be giving 110% juice. (I never understood how you give a 110% either)!

 

At July 31, 2006 at 10:19:00 AM CDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe it's 100% juice, just not 100% Pineapple juice. Juice can mean many things...tricky advertising.

 

Okay, now it's your turn | Home