Tuesday, November 06, 2007

What happens when two songs get stuck in your head at the same time?

And what if they're similar sounding?

Song #1: "I'm Henry VIII, I Am"

I'm Henry the Eighth, I am!
Henry the Eighth I am! I am!
I got married to the widow next door,
She's been married seven times before.

Every one was an Henry
She wouldn't have a Willie or a Sam (NO SAM!)
I'm her eighth old man named Henry
Henry the Eighth I am.


Song #2: "I've Been Working on the Railroad"

I've been working on the railroad
All the livelong day
I've been working on the railroad
Just to pass the time away

Can't you hear the whistle blowing
Rise up so early in the morn
Can't you hear the captain shouting
Dinah, blow your horn...


1 Talked Back:

At November 7, 2007 at 12:54:00 AM CST, Blogger Jim said...

Stan, you have the lyrics of song #2 wrong, here is the correct version:

The eyes of Texas are upon you,
All the live long day.
The eyes of Texas are upon you,
You cannot get away.
Do not think you can escape them,
At night, or early in the morn'.
The eyes of Texas are upon you,
'Till Gabriel blows his horn!

 

Okay, now it's your turn | Home