Tuesday, January 29, 2008

I guess he was of two minds on the subject

According to the Associated Press, NBA forward and free agent Chris Webber is about to rejoin the Golden State Warriors. After his rookie season of 1993-94 (in which he won Rookie of the Year), he demanded a trade because of disagreements with coach Don Nelson. Now, after playing for Washington, Sacramento, Philadelphia and Detroit, he’s coming back, and apparently he’s happy to be doing so.

So the Warriors released a statement about Webber’s return. This is the part that makes me laugh (emphasis mine):

“It is with great pride and humility that I announce my return to the Golden State Warriors, the place where it all started.”

Pride and humility? Together in one place? Your chocolate ran into my peanut butter?

1 Talked Back:

At January 29, 2008 at 4:19:00 PM CST, Blogger Samuel John Klein said...

Get that man a speechwriter. Stat!

 

Okay, now it's your turn | Home