Thursday, February 21, 2008

Well, the Wx outside is frightful...

Last night on all the channels, they were having a Winter Weather Advisory for most of the counties around here. The one station I was looking at actually put this on the screen: WINTER Wx ADVISORY. Oh yes, there was plenty of room to display the full word WEATHER, especially on the crawl at the bottom that showed who was affected, school closures, etc. But apparently this is the new trendy thing, unnecessary abbreviation, just like how up until the early 90’s, everyone still used the words “emergency room” until the show “ER” premiered, then everyone just called it “the ER”, like they were some kind of hospital insider.

So this morning, I went out to start the car and sure enough, there was a small layer of ice built up on it. I went to the door and pulled the handle – nothing. Frozen shut. I tried the back door. I walked around to the other side. No luck. So I went inside and filled a bottle with warm water, took it back out and poured it over the seams. I tried the handle and still no luck. As I went in for a second bottle, it hit me: What if it’s just locked? So I got out the keys pushed the button. When I tried the door again, it opened right up. Dummy.

That’s not the end of it. I knew that Nicole would want an umbrella when she came out, and it’s kept in the pocket of the passenger side door. I went over to get it and, you guessed it, the door wouldn’t open. And I’m sure you have already guessed that I assumed this door was also iced over, and that I got another bottle of water to thaw it before realizing that the door was actually locked because it takes two pushes of the button to unlock all of the doors. I fell for it twice. I mean, twx.

2 Talked Back:

At February 22, 2008 at 6:08:00 PM CST, Blogger Katie said...

This is so awesome! I love that you made multiple trips inside. Frankly I'd fall for it too.

 

At February 24, 2008 at 9:26:00 PM CST, Blogger meagan said...

Actually, Katie would NOT fall for it, because she's the one who taught me the adorable phrase "Two for Friends!"

 

Okay, now it's your turn | Home