Wednesday, March 02, 2005

A passage about forgiveness

I was just looking at some different blogs today when I ran across this awesome quote about forgiveness:

To forgive is not to say that the original wrong was "okay." It is not to express approval, either direct or tacit; if it did, it would not be forgiveness but a change of opinion. Forgiveness is aware of the wrong, it was wrong, it is wrong - but forgiveness is drawn from the strength to say that you will not let the wrong done affect your heart, your soul, your spririt. That there are some things - hope and dignity, for two - which "they," whoever they are, can't take from you. --LarryE


(My decision to post this here is not speaking to any current or recent circumstances in my life, nor is it any sort of subtle suggestion to anyone I know who may be reading this; but I like what it says, so I want to pass it along.)

1 Talked Back:

At June 28, 2005 at 11:19:00 AM CDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting this! Forgiveness is miraculous! It takes those awful, painful memories and puts them in a perspective that has taken all the pain away from the experience. I highly recommend it whenever circumstances call for it!

 

Okay, now it's your turn | Home