Tuesday, May 24, 2005

And when you find me there you'll search no more

So as I'm pulling in to the parking garage this morning, I have to wait in line because someone's in front of me paying the attendant. It was a convertible, not sure what make of car (Acura, maybe?), and it was driven by a middle-aged, mostly bald man wearing a Hawaiian shirt. Now, I have a monthly parking pass, so I don't need to wait to pay, so I just followed the convertible right around the corner. I heard loud music coming from the car. He pulled into a slot, and I drove past him to find another one - and I was able to recognize the song he was obviously enjoying at a high decibel level (he had turned it back up after paying the attendant).

It was Bryan Adams' power ballad "(Everything I Do) I Do It For You". A song which I liked exactly twice when it first hit radio in 1991, then slowly despised as it became grossly overplayed. A song which I never actually need to hear with my ears in order to be able to play in my mind from beginning to end. A song which is now stuck in my head as of this writing.

Stupid Hawaiian shirted bald guy.

1 Talked Back:

At May 24, 2005 at 10:18:00 AM CDT, Blogger Scott said...

I REALLY hate that when it happens!!

-SA

 

Okay, now it's your turn | Home