Friday, January 06, 2006

Asking myself these questions

I just realized something about my recent self. I say recent because I feel like I've sort of entered a renaissance period of my faith, with a renewed commitment to living in the kingdom of God rather than in my own tiny, dark little world.

But here's what I am now faced with: is my desire to follow Christ motivated by a rekindled fire in my soul, a dry, cracked thirst for Him that can only be quenched by seeking His living water? Or am I, in the words of Peter Scazzero, "driven by a deep personal need to compensate for a nagging sense of failure"? Am I trying to make up for lost time, ashamed because I stood on the shores of the Old Country for so many years instead of sailing toward the New? Or am I ready to slough off the inadequacies of the past, broken and vulnerably poised with upstretched arms as the Spirit of God fills me to overflowing with His grace?

I'll definitely be seeking the answer to those questions today.

2 Talked Back:

At January 6, 2006 at 9:57:00 PM CST, Blogger kristen said...

i hope you don't try to find all the answers in one day. it sounds like a life's work if you ask me :)

 

At January 7, 2006 at 10:53:00 PM CST, Blogger Katie said...

Well in my opinion even if the latter is what has driven you forward its not a total loss. Because once we are in God's presence again he works in us despite how we got there. Are our motives ever totally pure? He knows the truth and he will help you see His direction.

I say just move foward where you are.

 

Okay, now it's your turn | Home