Thursday, December 22, 2005

Just want to get something off out of my chest

Yes, that's right, I have a cold and then some. The thing is, this isn't following the Standard Procedure For Colds In Stan's Body, which is: Sore throat, then clogged sinuses, followed by sneezing, and finally dry coughing.

This is a different one: A few days ago I woke up with a slightly sore throat, but that could have been the result of snoring. I've been having the sniffles for a week or two, but not to the level of sinus clogging. I did sneeze a few times on Monday or Tuesday. The big thing has been the congestion and the coughing up of...fun stuff, in the last three days or so. I've also been having some atypical back pains.

I'm sorry if this post is boring.

I left work early yesterday (which I dislike doing) because I was miserable. I feel just as crappy today, but I still think I need to give myself a chance to get better, because I really dislike calling in sick. Why? Because no matter how crappy I might be feeling, I still think that the boss won't believe that I'm really sick. I'd rather show up in person so they can see my misery.

2 Talked Back:

At December 22, 2005 at 1:29:00 PM CST, Blogger Jim said...

I'll call, I'm really good at it. He'll send flowers!

 

At December 22, 2005 at 10:49:00 PM CST, Blogger Katie said...

Stan I am so sorry you are sick!

I always feel the same way when I call in. Like they won't believe me despite the fact I've worked there for five years now!

 

Okay, now it's your turn | Home