Tuesday, January 10, 2006

I am hungry!

In the last half hour or so, I have been sitting here at my desk just absolutely electrified. I have never had as strong a craving for God's Word as I do right at this moment. It is not motivated by comparison to anyone else, nor by trying to impress anyone. They are pure, these intense pangs of hunger for Truth. I want to read the Bible cover to cover. I want to read commentaries. I am hungry! I want to read book after book of doctrine and theology and ancient language and interpretation and inspiring words and instruction. I want to learn the original Hebrew and Greek and Aramaic. I want to learn how to effectively reflect God's love to my world. I want to learn how to pray and pray and pray and PRAY without ceasing. I am hungry! I want to learn how to think better! I want to learn how to speak better! I want to learn how to write better! I want to learn how to express my devotion and joy and heartache and despair artistically, and learn how the greatest artists have done it in the past. I am starving! I want to learn music, and how to play instruments, and how to craft songs. I want to dance before the Lord, with graceful movements and groanings of praise and adoration for my King! I am hungry!

3 Talked Back:

At January 11, 2006 at 12:30:00 AM CST, Blogger kristen said...

i'm starving. for dinner, that is. glad you're hungry too :)

 

At January 11, 2006 at 2:28:00 PM CST, Blogger Jim said...

Stan -- OFF TOPIC -- church with interesting name, and its own crisis of faith:

St. Stanislaus Kostka Church

 

At January 13, 2006 at 1:00:00 AM CST, Blogger Katie said...

Hooray! Let's dance, and then sing, and then dance, and then paint...all for God.

 

Okay, now it's your turn | Home