Tuesday, February 21, 2006

2 bad it doesn't fall on a 2-sday

As of right now, the odometer on my 1991 Subaru reads 222,099.6 miles. Today's date is February 21.

Therefore, if I take a nice, long drive tonight, my odometer could read 222222.2 on 2/22. Of course, I'll take a picture. (I'll be sure to pull over first.)

Update:

I have good news and bad news. The good news is, the odometer now reads around 222215 miles, so all I have to do is drive around a bit at lunchtime and I'll hit the magic number. I could wait until 2:22pm to take the picture, but I won't be able to prove that that's the actual time, because the only clock I have with me is on my cell phone.

Which leads me to the bad news. I now have to take the photo with my inferior cell phone camera, because at some point between last night and this morning, I lost my digital camera. It is gone. I know that I had it with me last night when I drove the extra miles, but this morning, I just could not find it. Did I leave it on the seat of the car, waiting to be stolen? It's possible, but not likely. But right now, it's the only logical answer.

Last night, to catch up on miles, I drove as far as Brooks, Oregon, about 40 miles south of home. I stopped at the truck stop there, leaving my camera in the glove box of the car. I'm sure that it was still there when I left for home, and I am now pretty sure that I grabbed it when I exited the car at home. *LIGHT BULB BLINKING ON* In fact, I now remember that when I was walking to the door, Henry the cat was in the yard, puking. He then ran over to munch on some grass. I walked over to the hammock, camera and water bottle in hand, and sat down on it. Henry jumped up and lay down on my stomach for a couple of minutes. (He didn't puke.) I must have left the camera bag sitting in the hammock, or maybe dropped it in the yard nearby. Okay, so maybe it's not lost.

2 Talked Back:

At February 22, 2006 at 1:05:00 PM CST, Blogger kristen said...

which one is henry?

 

At February 22, 2006 at 3:05:00 PM CST, Blogger stan said...

The gray one, who has his face buried in the cup (in one of my banner images).

 

Okay, now it's your turn | Home