Sunday, February 12, 2006

Mt. Hood? Boring? It's true

So I took a little drive around this afternoon, just to enjoy the sunshine. I got a few pictures here and there, including some that I stitched together into a panorama:

As I drove down the highway, I tried to snap a shot of Mt. Hood through the windshield, but the mountain was in a playful mood, and decided to hide from me:


Peekaboo

You'll never find me

Try again

Here I am!

I drove east until I got to the town of Boring. Yes, that's it's name. And yes, it's pretty boring. In fact, I can prove it:





After Boring, I headed south, and at one point I saw a really good view of Hood. I took a straightforward shot of it, then tried to make a panorama:


5 Talked Back:

At February 13, 2006 at 1:12:00 AM CST, Blogger Jim said...

really funny, and I sent a link to the Oregon State Police

 

At February 13, 2006 at 1:27:00 AM CST, Blogger stan said...

Good thing I didn't post the videos.

 

At February 13, 2006 at 6:23:00 AM CST, Blogger Jim said...

the "boring" signs are classic -- any idea why they named the plabce Boring???

The Boring High School
The Boring Motel
The Boring News
Miss Boring 2006
ok, I'll stop

 

At February 13, 2006 at 10:07:00 AM CST, Blogger stan said...

This is what I found with a quick search.

Imagine having a last name of Boring...I'll bet he didn't have too many friends as a kid.

 

At February 13, 2006 at 1:34:00 PM CST, Blogger Jim said...

have you been on the Boring bike path?

surprised it was a name, assumed it had soemthing to do with mining ("the bore")

Ima Boring
Ura Boring
Truly Boring
Bjorn Boring
ok I'll stop

 

Okay, now it's your turn | Home