Thursday, October 12, 2006

Waaaaahhhhhh!!! WAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!

While a woman is on maternity leave, sometimes she'll bring her newborn baby into the office to show to her co-workers. I don't have a problem with this at all.

What I do have a problem with is when they stay for several hours, and the baby cries and cries and cries and cries and cries and CRIES and CRIES and CRIES.

When are we going to adopt a national standard time limit for post-natal office visits? I propose two minutes per co-worker, limited to two departments, then go home.

3 Talked Back:

At October 12, 2006 at 5:05:00 PM CDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If that baby screams incessantly, the Mom NEEDS to be out of the house and with friends for a while. Or she will soon be the one crying non-stop.

That said, several hours is a bit too much for any co-worker to handle.

 

At October 16, 2006 at 12:13:00 AM CDT, Blogger Katie said...

Bah Humbug! Okay I had to give you a hard time... Babies in the office, I love babies.

 

At October 16, 2006 at 12:14:00 AM CDT, Blogger Katie said...

Okay that posted before I finished... I agree, if the baby is not enjoying the visit chances are those being visited aren't enjoying it either. But I do agree the poor Mom probably just is dying to get out and see another adult.

 

Okay, now it's your turn | Home