Wednesday, June 25, 2008

According to the note, I am supposed to direct you to this site

Passive Aggressive Notes (Warning, some of these could be NSFW for language)

I find this collection of photos hilarious because I am exactly like one of these people! I'd rather leave a note for someone to read than talk to them about an issue. There's good reason for this - first, it can get the exact same message across to more than one person; also, when it's written, I can convey the message better than if I tried to convey it verbally.

I remember at one place I worked, people would always leave the single-occupancy men's room light and fan on. When the door was closed, it appeared from the outside as though someone was using the facilities. So if I needed to use that restroom, I'd either have to wait like a fool, because no one was ever coming out, or unnecessarily walk to the other end of the building. Finally I got so tired of wasting my time that I made and posted a sign on the bathroom wall that read:

THIS IS NOT A McDONALD'S!
PLEASE TURN OFF THE LIGHT WHEN YOU
ARE FINISHED IN THE BATHROOM!


And what do you know, people started turning off the light!