Friday, June 10, 2005

What is it, then? Touch?

I was shopping in the "healthy" section at Safeway last night, looking for some soy or rice milk to mix with iced chai concentrate, and I saw on the shelf something that concerned me.

Blue Diamond, the almond company (a can a week, that's all they ask), makes a milk-type product entirely out of almonds. They call it Almond Breeze, and proudly displayed on the front of the box is the tagline, "The Taste Alternative".

Now excuse me, but if I am going to drink a beverage that isn't water, my main expectation is that there should be a taste, preferably a delicious one. What possible appeal could there be from a milk-like drink that has no taste?

And what in the world is the alternative?

1 Talked Back:

At June 10, 2005 at 9:05:00 PM CDT, Blogger Jim said...

how do you suppose they milk an almond? little fingers or little machines?

 

Okay, now it's your turn | Home