Saturday, May 28, 2005

And why are their receipts so gigantic?

I went to Circuit City today, thinking there was a chance that there might be something I "needed" to buy. Fortunately, the only thing I bought was Moby's latest CD. But as I was walking around the store, I went by the area that had iPods and iPod accessories, and I saw something that just cracked me up.

On the table was a small, clear, acrylic square with rounded edges, the same size as an iPod, with a white plastic layer adhered to one face. Printed upon the white plastic was an image of the iPod buttons, and the following words, which I am not making up:

NON-WORKING DISPLAY MODEL

Well, no kidding. A solid chunk of clear acrylic doesn't hold 40 gigabytes of music?

4 Talked Back:

At May 30, 2005 at 11:27:00 AM CDT, Blogger stan said...

He has a blog?

 

At May 31, 2005 at 2:07:00 AM CDT, Blogger nitsuj said...

Gah, so much for my secret identity.

 

At May 31, 2005 at 10:02:00 AM CDT, Blogger stan said...

Oh yeah, now I remember that blog. I'm sure that I've read it before.

 

At May 31, 2005 at 7:08:00 PM CDT, Blogger meagan said...

Yes indeed. Circuit City receipts. Piss me off every time because they are so huge. I get excited thinking, "there's gotta be a rebate on here!!!" Yet, there's not. So sad.

love meagan

 

Okay, now it's your turn | Home