Monday, August 01, 2005

If you need to reach me, write me a letter

Yesterday I misplaced my cell phone, and I'm feeling kind of naked without it. I'm edgy and nervous, wondering if the morning dew on the grass, where I think I might have left it, damaged it. I was at a farm last night, and there are ducks and chickens walking around all the time. Maybe one of them's pecking or pooping on it right now. The sun's coming out later, I hope that the phone doesn't get sun damaged!

The trouble with cell phones is that because it's so easy to call people I know from speed dial, I've eliminated the need to actually memorize anyone's phone number. Plus, since there's no land line at my house, I can't even call my roommates to help me find the phone - I don't know what their cell numbers are.

4 Talked Back:

At August 1, 2005 at 1:40:00 PM CDT, Blogger Jim said...

Maybe it was a chicken thief? A capon caper! I’m sure someone will quack the case soon.

 

At August 1, 2005 at 9:47:00 PM CDT, Blogger stan said...

Well, I found it, thank goodness. I was feeling pretty fowl for a while about losing it.

 

At August 1, 2005 at 11:17:00 PM CDT, Blogger Jim said...

and please note that all of us restrained ourselves from making any jokes about what you were doing in the grass to cause you to lose it, so you owe us a new doodle

 

At August 2, 2005 at 1:10:00 AM CDT, Blogger stan said...

They have a big trampoline, and I thought I had either taken the phone out of my pocket, or it fell out while I was bouncing around.

Turns out neither happened. The phone had actually fallen onto the floor behind the driver's seat of my car, then slid directly under it. When I checked the car last night, I hadn't even thought to check there, since I didn't think it was remotely possible for it to be there.

Mik, usually when I misplace my phone, the first thing I do is to call it using someone else's phone. Fortunately I know my number. The tactic doesn't work when it's on silent mode, though.. :)

 

Okay, now it's your turn | Home