Monday, July 25, 2005

dR. grAMmaR, I pResuME

I ran across an official government document today that was partially handwritten by a Ph.D., and I was amazed: the handwritten portion was a mish-mash of capital and lowercase letters, clearly grammatically incorrect.

How can a person go through so many years of school and still be unable to distinguish capitals from lowercase letters? If I ran a university, I'd have to put that as one of my minimum graduation requirements. It's like putting your pants on over your arms and shoes on your hands every morning, then wondering why your clothes don't fit and why it's so hard to type.

6 Talked Back:

At July 25, 2005 at 6:34:00 PM CDT, Blogger Scott said...

Stan, have you noticed Jim's blog is slowing coming back? Don't know what it means. Maybe he is updating his too.

 

At July 25, 2005 at 6:37:00 PM CDT, Blogger stan said...

Looks like there's something there but really nothing right now. Probably not a priority for him to go about the business of raising a blog from the dead...

 

At July 25, 2005 at 7:00:00 PM CDT, Blogger meagan said...

Yeah! What happened to Jim? I've always got to his blog through the link from your (Stan's) blog, and for the last several days there has only been the dreaded error 404.

love meagan

p.s. I write in a mixture of capital lowercase and capitals. Some letters just look better in a certain way. That's all there is to it. Don't know a person intelligence for it!

 

At July 25, 2005 at 7:08:00 PM CDT, Blogger stan said...

Artistic (pr poetic) license, which you're talking about, is one thing, but there is no place for it on a federal tax document. This Ph.D. clearly has penmanship issues.

 

At July 25, 2005 at 7:27:00 PM CDT, Blogger meagan said...

Wow. I just re-read my earlier comment: "Don't know a person intelligence for it".... clearly I am drinking way too much! :-) What did I mean by that??!!!! I think what I meant to say is "Don't judge a person's intelligence by that." Ha ha hah ha ha!!! Anyway, back to my students (who are practicing in the adjoining room)

love meagan.

 

At July 26, 2005 at 8:45:00 AM CDT, Blogger Carnealian said...

I have discovered that those with greater intellegence than the average bear are permitted to get away with just about everything. One of them includes being rude to coworkers. I recently trained a bunch of dorks from the pharmacy area where I work. Just because they get paid over $100,000 a year doesn't give them the right to be obnoxious. It's not right but it's allowed.

 

Okay, now it's your turn | Home