Thursday, August 11, 2005

I'm pumped (literally)

Tomorrow after work I'm heading to Fort Stevens State Park, which is up on the northwestern tip of Oregon, because this weekend is my church's Family Camp. So I'm getting ready tonight, and I have this beach volleyball that I want to bring, but it's completely deflated. The only pump I have is this crappy hand pump, which I bought like 10 years ago, and it's not what you would call airtight. Add that to the fact that until the ball is almost completely inflated, it, too, is not airtight (strange, but true), and you're talking about some real work. It's two steps forward, one step back.

So here I am, pumping this crappy pump like a madman on crack, working up a sweat, increasing my heart rate, and I'm thinking, if I did this once a day I'd have my entire cardio workout done without even standing up. Whoo!