Thursday, September 08, 2005

Gives "Beer Buzz" a whole new meaning

Sorry, St. Louis, I know you're proud of your Budweiser, and I know you must think I have something against them with my earlier post about the stupid billboard. But I have to say, they bring it on themselves when they introduce products like this:

It's beer. With caffeine. It was funny on "The Drew Carey Show", but in real life, what's the point? Who drinks beer as an energy booster?

Alcohol is a depressant, and caffeine is a stimulant - don't they cancel each other out? And do you want that cancelling out to happen inside your body?

And what the heck is the "natural flavor"?

6 Talked Back:

At September 8, 2005 at 5:36:00 PM CDT, Blogger meagan said...

Isn't beer supposed to already have a natural flavor? What with the barley or hops or whatever? Let's get our trub buddy on here to answer that. Trub!

love meagan

 

At September 8, 2005 at 7:04:00 PM CDT, Blogger Carnealian said...

I don't really understand the stimulant/depressant thing. That's like Jager Bombs (again no accents). Jager depressant, Red Bull stimulant. Don't get it either. Beer with caffeine?? They're just jumping on the Red Bull craze.

 

At September 8, 2005 at 7:15:00 PM CDT, Blogger stan said...

I know! I predict that within a year we'll see Budweiser with Centrum Complete Multi-Vitamin.

 

At September 8, 2005 at 7:16:00 PM CDT, Blogger Scott said...

Jager bombs, good. But the bud thing doesn't sound good

 

At September 8, 2005 at 9:31:00 PM CDT, Blogger SayUnderpants said...

OK, as a St. Louisan I feel compelled to tell you that AB's version of Buzz Beer really was a crappy idea...and it tastes awful, like beer with a little Red Bull mixed into it...

You may be right about the "vitamin beer", Stan...I know I'd at least try it..."Look Ma! Beer's actually GOOD for me now!"

 

At September 9, 2005 at 2:39:00 AM CDT, Blogger stan said...

The beta carotene would cancel out your beer goggles

 

Okay, now it's your turn | Home