Thursday, September 22, 2005

Kansas City via the Mediterranean

Forgive me if I'm just not up to speed on European culture, but if I'm not mistaken, the continent is not known for its barbecue, right?

Imagine my surprise as I saw this sign while driving home one day:

I Googled the restaurant, and on one site, it's noted that Ararat's specialties are Armenian, Belly Dancing, Live Music, Mediterranean, and Russian. To me, none of those conjures up images of a guy in a chef's hat turning succulent ribs over a grill.

I guess I'll have to investigate. Oddly enough, something tells me that the sign might be correct. After all, one of the best pizza places in Portland is run by Greeks. Mmm, barbecued lamb.

1 Talked Back:

At September 26, 2005 at 4:17:00 PM CDT, Blogger PDXFoodDude said...

I noticed the same thing and thought the sign was really weird. I've noticed there is never anyone eating there so just figured they are getting desperate. Next week, Chinese!

 

Okay, now it's your turn | Home