Monday, September 12, 2005

The coolest keyboard I've ever seen

Imagine a keyboard with tiny little "monitors" on each key that display the context of what it represents within the application you are working on, or the language you are typing in.

Typing in Russian? The keys show up in a Cyrillic alphabet. Working in Photoshop? Icons of the shortcut keys appear in their respective locations.

I cannot wait for this to hit the market. Well, to hit the market, lose its novelty, and come down in price.

8 Talked Back:

At September 12, 2005 at 8:03:00 PM CDT, Blogger stan said...

I don't know yet; I don't think it's even been brought to market. The site (click the post title) says it'd be less expensive than a good cell phone, which I interpret as a couple hundred bucks.

 

At September 12, 2005 at 11:08:00 PM CDT, Blogger Jim said...

Stan -- here is an interview with the founder of the Russian company -- note the price! -- I want one NOW

Art. Lebedev Studio

 

At September 13, 2005 at 12:29:00 AM CDT, Blogger stan said...

Thanks for the link, I'll get a paper route, collect old beer cans, sell plasma, anything, to get one of these.

Well, maybe not the plasma. I like my plasma.

 

At September 13, 2005 at 12:31:00 AM CDT, Blogger Jim said...

think it's the same plasma they make TV's out of

 

At September 13, 2005 at 6:33:00 AM CDT, Blogger Carnealian said...

The Photoshop keyboard would be too cool! There's too much stuff on that program for me to remember it all. If it was on the keyboard...geez, I'd be in business.

 

At September 13, 2005 at 5:34:00 PM CDT, Blogger Samuel John Klein said...

Must. Have. Toy.

PS: Stan, you gete a haircut lately?

 

At September 13, 2005 at 5:44:00 PM CDT, Blogger stan said...

A couple of days ago. I usually do it about every six months. Cheap and easy!

 

At September 14, 2005 at 10:14:00 AM CDT, Blogger Shirley said...

I want this so much! I'm waiting for it to show up in the stores!

 

Okay, now it's your turn | Home