Saturday, September 10, 2005

Another rejected McSweeney's list

PHRASES WHOSE MEANINGS COMPLETELY CHANGE BY ADDING AN L TO 'HAVE'.
By Stan W. Kost

Halve it your way

Real women halve curves

Girls just want to halve fun

The hills halve eyes

Now that I halve you

To halve and to hold

I halve an idea

It's a must-halve

Halve a good time

It's a must-halve

Do you halve the time?

The ayes halve it

I'll halve what she's halving

What halve you

I don't halve a clue

I halve you right where I want you

I want to halve a baby

3 Talked Back:

At September 10, 2005 at 6:58:00 PM CDT, Blogger meagan said...

Is this the list you subtly mentioned in a previous post and said you wouldn't tell us about until they rejected or accepted it?

Those people at McSweeney's halve no brains if they reject you.

meagan

 

At September 11, 2005 at 12:06:00 AM CDT, Blogger meagan said...

p.s. Stan: be sure to check out my cockadoodledoo post again because there's a comment from katie there directed toward you! :-)

 

At September 11, 2005 at 2:09:00 AM CDT, Blogger stan said...

Yes Meagan this was the list. They won't put up reviously "published" material, so I waited to post it.

 

Okay, now it's your turn | Home