Friday, September 23, 2005

Puzzle Pirate humor

I was playing Puzzle Pirates last night, and my character, Bluto, was on the docks waiting for a chance to board my crew's ship. Meantime, another character walks up and stands in my circle, allowing her to chat with me. (I usually avoid this, but she'd already invaded, and I didn't want to be rude.)

Girl Player: u r sexy
Bluto: uh, okay


So I'm already thinking that this is an unsupervised pre-teen girl, who is clearly playing the game for the wrong reasons, and just as I'm about to step away, she challenges me to a game of Treasure Drop (which is a game that's sort of like Plinko on "The Price is Right"). I accept the challenge, betting 20 pieces of eight (very small bet). Then, in the middle of the game...

Girl Player: wanna kiss?
Bluto: I think not
Bluto: Besides, you wouldn't want to, I have barnacles in my beard
Girl Player: what's a barnacle?


I about fell off my chair laughing. A minute later, once it was established that I was clearly going to win the game, she dropped out, leaving me 20 poe richer.

B-bye, then. Don't let the plank hit ya on the way down.

9 Talked Back:

At September 24, 2005 at 8:27:00 PM CDT, Blogger Katie said...

First off I find it funny you play an interactive pirate game! Second the girl sounds like real quality. Be careful out there!

 

At September 25, 2005 at 9:19:00 AM CDT, Blogger meagan said...

I tried playing puzzle pirates once, way back when you were first mentioning it. I didn't get into it though :-( With this and the comment on your other blog it sounds like so much fun; I should try again!

 

At September 25, 2005 at 9:45:00 PM CDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had a weird experience like that on puzzle pirates, only not so funny

Girl Player: Lets get married!
El Froggo: Who are you?
Girl Player: Lets get married!
El Froggo: is that even possible?
Girl Player: I dont think so but lets go into mainland and get married!

 

At September 25, 2005 at 11:54:00 PM CDT, Blogger stan said...

What's your character name Froggo, I'll look for you

 

At September 26, 2005 at 9:16:00 AM CDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I go by boatmaster

 

At September 26, 2005 at 6:15:00 PM CDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

No wait masterboat, I keep mixing it up.

 

At September 26, 2005 at 7:43:00 PM CDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh I got a question! Did you pay money to get all the good features?

 

At September 27, 2005 at 2:35:00 AM CDT, Blogger stan said...

No, I am on the subscription ocean Midnight, as I suspect you are (unless there's another person with the name Masterboat on that ocean). If you're there, look for Bluto or Dingle. Those are my characters.

 

At September 28, 2005 at 11:40:00 PM CDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just found out how the subscription system works, and I dont even have a subscription, Im just living off the trial.

 

Okay, now it's your turn | Home