Thursday, September 08, 2005

Spammer proof!

Okay, so I have been fortunate enough to have no spam in the comments thus far, so I haven't had to turn on word verification for you. Although I've now seen a few spams "slip past the guards", so it almost doesn't make sense to turn it on ever. (I suspect that spammers are paying poor college kids to manually spam blogs with verification.)

But here's the solution: If every code word was like the one I encountered a minute ago, I'll bet even a academic all-star wouldn't be able to break in:

I know that after trying some of the permutations of V's and W's, I'd think that it isn't worth my time!

4 Talked Back:

At September 8, 2005 at 7:39:00 PM CDT, Blogger meagan said...

That's beautiful!

 

At September 8, 2005 at 10:37:00 PM CDT, Blogger JLee said...

I have gotten a couple wrong... what the?....

 

At September 9, 2005 at 1:07:00 AM CDT, Blogger kristen said...

i'm guessing it's y w v w x but that's just what i would type. good luck with all that. yeah i've gotten some wrong too and i'm a pretty observant person. what gives?

 

At September 9, 2005 at 11:36:00 PM CDT, Blogger Carnealian said...

That makes my eyes all googly...of course it's 12:35 est and I've had about 100 whiskey drinks. Maybe that's the problem!

 

Okay, now it's your turn | Home