Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Pretty much unreachable

I haven't seen my phone since Friday. On Saturday, I reckoned that it must have been left somewhere at work; yesterday, I looked all over at work (it took 15 seconds) and found nothing. I've looked everywhere it could have possible fallen in the car.

Last year, we dropped our home phone service because it didn't make sense to pay for a landline when all three of us have cell phones. Internet comes via cable. But now that I'm without that cell phone (I still have hope that it will turn up somewhere), I kind of wish we still had the service. Meanwhile, it's been pretty quiet on my end, and it's sorta nice.

11 Talked Back:

At October 4, 2005 at 12:52:00 PM CDT, Blogger meagan said...

Did you check with those ducks and chickens? Maybe they stole your cell phone again.

 

At October 4, 2005 at 1:31:00 PM CDT, Blogger stan said...

Umm....

....

...yeah.

 

At October 4, 2005 at 10:57:00 PM CDT, Blogger Katie said...

Well that explains a lot! I tried to get you on Friday. I was starting to worry.

 

At October 5, 2005 at 12:02:00 AM CDT, Blogger nitsuj said...

Bummer about the cell phone.. I'm sure it'll show up.

Sidenote: how do you put a word-verification dealy in the comments section? My blog, although sparsely updated, is often spammed. Thanks.

 

At October 5, 2005 at 12:19:00 AM CDT, Blogger stan said...

nitsuj: Look in the Settings > Comments of your blog. There should be a Word Verification setting there.

 

At October 5, 2005 at 12:21:00 AM CDT, Blogger stan said...

Interstellarlass - I tried to, but I when I went to call myself with my phone, I realized it was missing... :)

 

At October 5, 2005 at 12:54:00 PM CDT, Blogger stan said...

Yeah I know, IL, and I thought of that. But, a) the last time I saw it was Friday at work, so it'd be set to Silent mode, and b) the battery's probably dead by now.

:)

 

At October 5, 2005 at 5:52:00 PM CDT, Blogger meagan said...

chickens and ducks... you know, like the last time you blogged about losing it... at the trampoline farm.

 

At October 8, 2005 at 1:14:00 PM CDT, Blogger Katie said...

Seriously do you have your phone back yet?? Call me from someone elses if you get a chance.

 

At October 13, 2005 at 7:24:00 AM CDT, Blogger kristen said...

who are the three of you living in your so-called house/apt? no one else could call your phone for you?

 

At October 13, 2005 at 10:16:00 AM CDT, Blogger stan said...

I forgot to mention, I found the phone in the pocket of my leather jacket. (I had worn it to work two Fridays ago, the day I lost the phone.)

The phone was set to Silent mode, so if someone had called it, it wouldn't have been heard at all. When I found the phone, indeed, it was dead.

 

Okay, now it's your turn | Home