Thursday, November 10, 2005

Just a minor managerial oversight

I just found out a few minutes ago, via the earsplitting voice of Chimp-bo, that tomorrow is a company holiday. Nobody, my manager included, has actually told me that the office is closed; I would have come in to work as normal, finding the office empty and dark, miffed that I could have slept in, one less gallon of gas in the tank.

In the 16 years that I have been in the working world, as far as I recall, this is the first employer that has been closed on Veterans' Day.

So thanks, Chimp-bo.

3 Talked Back:

At November 10, 2005 at 6:03:00 PM CST, Blogger meagan said...

Yipeee!!!! An unexpected day off! As annoying as that is that no one told you, isn't that a fabulous surprise?!? I hope you have a very fun day tomorrow.

love meagan

 

At November 10, 2005 at 11:56:00 PM CST, Blogger kristen said...

as the state of california is shutting down for the day, i guess i'll take the day off too. have a fabulous 3 day weekend and try to be good about your eating!! :D

 

At November 11, 2005 at 12:51:00 PM CST, Blogger Katie said...

We're working today... Notice that I'm making blog rounds. Ssshhh!

I heard recently on the news that they are estimating that something like 20% of the work week is now "wasted" on blogging. Though I can bet there are people in the company I work for getting paid to blog and read blogs. I need that job!

 

Okay, now it's your turn | Home