Tuesday, January 24, 2006

I just need a new post to say...

...it doesn't hurt so much now.

If I dwell upon the breakup of our relationship, then it might bring up some sadness, because I know that she and I will never be in that place again. Honestly, though, I really know that to feel sad or depressed about losing her is not what God wants me to do. He's been warming my heart up in so many other ways that I cannot ignore Him like I used to. Dwelling upon the loss of the relationship becomes a distraction.

That's not to say that I shouldn't remember the good times we had. We definitely spent good, quality time together, doing all sorts of things, and we did have good conversation. The holidays, where I was able to spend a good amount of time with her and her family, were a very happy time. And we discovered things about each other and God that would not have come had it not been for our relationship.

Do I miss her? Of course I do. But am I happy? Absolutely! God is good, no matter what!

2 Talked Back:

At January 25, 2006 at 11:47:00 AM CST, Blogger Jay Noel said...

That's a good mindset to be in. Just stay away from the radio and saloons that play country music and you'll be alright.

 

At January 25, 2006 at 12:12:00 PM CST, Blogger stan said...

"If you lose your one and only
There's always room here for the lonely
To watch your broken dreams
Dance in and out of the beams
Of a neon moon"....

:)

 

Okay, now it's your turn | Home