Wednesday, March 01, 2006

A little blog design talk

You may have noticed that I made a few new title banners in the last couple of days. I also changed the rotation from eleven images to just ten. So now, all but one of the current banners features a photo that I took.

I'm thinking that in the next round of banners, I might start introducing color photos instead of black and white. It's tricky, because I create the banners at home, where I have an LCD screen, which displays a little brighter and less color-saturated than regular monitors; so there's the risk that the new banners could be too dark. But it might be fun to try, anyway. What do you think?

Actually, I'm starting to get the redesign bug again, for the whole blog. I think I'm getting tired of this color scheme. I think I'd like something overall lighter. Not pastel lighter, but just not with so many heavy colors. A white or light grey background might be nice.

So, any ideas? Anyone?

More cowbell?

2 Talked Back:

At March 1, 2006 at 9:47:00 PM CST, Blogger meagan said...

Since I still don't see the banners on my browser, sorry I have no input on that subject to share with you. But I agree with you that some less-heavy colors might be nice.

love meagan

 

At March 2, 2006 at 11:00:00 PM CST, Blogger kristen said...

i think you *should* go with pastels.

 

Okay, now it's your turn | Home