Monday, August 07, 2006

In all of the excitement, I forgot about this

Remember this post, where I was jumping for joy about something of mine being published? Well, I was just waiting for the actual link to appear...and then some much more important aspects of my life came to the fore, causing me to forget about checking on it. So while I was still in Carthage last Friday, what I was waiting for happened.

See, a few weeks ago I submitted yet another list to McSweeney's, and much to my delight (and I'll admit it, surprise), it was accepted! The title and link are as follows:

What the "It" Refers to in Gatorade's "Is It in You?" Campaign

3 Talked Back:

At August 7, 2006 at 7:47:00 PM CDT, Blogger h-i-p said...

omigoodness. this is crazy exciting. i love mcsweeneys!! oh, congrats on the wedding thing too ;)

 

At August 8, 2006 at 6:41:00 AM CDT, Blogger Samuel John Klein said...

Hey, Stan:

Congratufarginglations! I have an idea of how long you've tried to get McS to publish a list (and some of the ones they rejected had me laughing out loud, I don't know why they rejected them), so you deserved this one. Good on you!

Also, congraulations on the fianceehood. Speaking as someone who's been with a special someone for 16 years this month (you wouldn't know it to look at us) I can well imagine how deliriously happy you are right now.

May I also say you guys make one heck of a cute couple.

 

At August 14, 2006 at 4:19:00 PM CDT, Blogger Eriol said...

Flippin' sweet

 

Okay, now it's your turn | Home