Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Unofficial Bring Your Child to Work Day?

All day long, different people here in the office have been parading their kids from desk to desk for some daytime trick-or-treating. Some of these kids appear five or younger, but some are clearly older. Why are they not in school? I don't think it's an official holiday.

Don't get me wrong, I like kids, their costumes are cute, I'm glad they're having fun, etc. But I think that if I was a parent, and I had to choose between my child A) learning about fractions, or the Boston Tea Party, or spelling correctly, or B) acquiring handfuls of prepackaged, processed sugar, I'd probably have to choose a quality education.

(Then later that night, they can go get their prepackaged, processed sugar from the neighbors.)

2 Talked Back:

At October 31, 2006 at 9:18:00 PM CST, Blogger Jim said...

well, bah humbug to you!!!!!! :)

I would have bet you'd wear a costume to work

 

At November 4, 2006 at 8:53:00 PM CST, Blogger Katie said...

I'd choose option b myself. Especially as a kid. I love seeing them come in in their costumes. Always preferrable to the grown adults wearing kids costumes. I had two women in my office wearing Superman costumes. If you are over 30 and not a supermodel NO ONE wants to see you in full spandex and tights. UGH!

I went to Josh's presumably to hang out and help hand out candy. He only had a few trick or treaters as well. But there was a huge traffic jam on the way home. I think everyone was driving to the swanky neighborhoods to get the rich people's candy...

 

Okay, now it's your turn | Home