Thursday, November 15, 2007

It's so wimpy, even the bridges are bent out of shape

So I just read Samuel John Klein Portlandienesineisnsiineisss's blog post about funny named roads in Oregon, and the first thing I saw was a sign blade for NW Wimp Rd. outside of Redmond. I decided that I'd take a quick look on Google Maps to find this place, and sure enough, I found it (and now I realize that his blog text had linked right to the same map). However, when I clicked on the satellite view, I noticed something very interesting: The nearby bridges are a victim of poor image stitching, and therefore look like they've melted or outright lost some sections:


View Larger Map
(In case Google's fixed it, here's the original screenshot)


The small gray loop at bottom center is NW Wimp Rd., and the green area between the railroad tracks and the highway is part of Peter Skene Ogden State Park.

I just did a quick search on Peter Skene Ogden, and he doesn't really seem to be much of a wimpy man....

3 Talked Back:

At November 15, 2007 at 10:27:00 PM CST, Blogger Samuel John Klein said...

Wow, Stan. Wow. That's a scary looking picture. Gives me the uh-oh feeling, kinda.

Good catch, my man. Well played.

 

At November 15, 2007 at 10:40:00 PM CST, Blogger stan said...

What happened to your post? One minute there, next minute gone.

 

At November 15, 2007 at 10:48:00 PM CST, Blogger Samuel John Klein said...

I added a link to your post here in it, then instead of publishing it, resaved it as a draft. Ooops!

It's back now. Thanks, friend.

 

Okay, now it's your turn | Home