Friday, August 15, 2008

I'm down with LOC

Unusual Google ad I saw today:

I'm Mad at Amawy
Smile When You Outrank Your Upline!
Grab the Book & Lead System for $39
www.******************.com/Amway

First of all, if you're going to advertise for Amway, it's probably best to spell "Amway" correctly.

Secondly, what the heck does it mean to Outrank your Upline? Do I need a special tool for this? And what if I don't smile?

Lastly, it's Amway. Which, according to John Tesh, is now called Quicxstarg or something ridiculous like that. It used to be a name that someone could be proud of - American Way. I guess it's not cool to be proud to be an American anymore.

(The title of this post is a reference to an Amway product called LOC; I believe it's their equivalent to Dawn or Palmolive.)

2 Talked Back:

At August 15, 2008 at 5:34:00 PM CDT, Blogger IBOFB said...

Google doesn't allow ads with company names in the title unless you are the company. This ad is by someone trying to pick up on "Amway" related keyword searches - they're not "selling Amway" at all. The spelling is a deliberate mistake to get past the google ad rule.

Amway in the US was merged into sister company Quixtar in 2001, however they're now in the process of reverting back to the Amway name.

cheers,
IBOFB, site admin:
Amway Watch
Amway Wiki
Amway Talk
The Truth About Amway

 

At August 15, 2008 at 6:12:00 PM CDT, Blogger stan said...

Whatever, man. Someone's been sniffing a little too much SA-8, and it ain't me.

 

Okay, now it's your turn | Home