Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Yes, I'm that weird guy who always likes to find the half-popped kernals of popcorn at the bottom of the bag


...but I'm not extreme enough to want to eat fully unpopped ones.

A few minutes ago I was trying to remember the name of this snack that I had shared a few times with then-roommate Scott back in the 90's, and then I remembered it (which means I eventually found it on Google): PopNots!

This is a snack that consists only of those half-popped kernals, salted or seasoned, and they are obviously way crunchier than regular popcorn. Admittedly, they did have a slightly burnt aftertaste, but they were still one of my favorite snacks of the past. Unfortunately, the closest place I can buy them, according to their website, is more than 60 miles away in Springfield.

I want some PopNots!

2 Talked Back:

At January 13, 2009 at 3:51:00 PM CST, Blogger Scott said...

I almost forgot about those PopNots!
I think the half popped popcorn at the bottom of the bag is the best part.

 

At January 13, 2009 at 9:56:00 PM CST, Blogger Matt and Lori Graber said...

Yikes, this just screams "dental bill".....

 

Okay, now it's your turn | Home