Thursday, August 25, 2005

"I lost 10 pounds, but where are all of my teeth?"

I bought a 10-bag carton of microwave popcorn to have as a relatively healthy snack at work. It's Orville Redenbacher's 94% fat-free, butter flavor. And it's good! But I was looking at the nutrition info on the box today (wondering what the actual serving size was, as opposed to "Entire Bag"), and one major oddity stood out. The Nutrition Facts show all of the calories, fat content, etc., but for two categories: 3 Tbsp Unpopped, and 1 Cup Popped.

Which begs the question of who, in their right mind, eats unpopped popcorn.

3 Talked Back:

At August 25, 2005 at 5:17:00 PM CDT, Blogger Jim said...

save it and send it, the dam ducks deem it a delicacy :)

wuvuwll <-- I made one up

 

At August 26, 2005 at 12:01:00 AM CDT, Blogger Jim said...

people with high fevers

 

At August 26, 2005 at 2:26:00 AM CDT, Blogger stan said...

Jim - I had to read that about 10 times before I got the joke

 

Okay, now it's your turn | Home