Monday, March 28, 2005

Then, Suddenly, I Disappear

I didn't realize that it's been six days since my last post. It surprises me, because when I started this blog I couldn't stop posting things. But there have been changes since last Tuesday.

Thursday morning at 6:00 am, while I was getting ready for work, I got a call from the temp agency's on-site coordinator saying that I didn't need to come in today. Or any more days. In other words, my assignment was over. She did tell me about another position that was opening at an online university, so I pursued it. I had an interview (a group interview actually, where 20-25 of us stood up when called and basically answered the same two questions), but I never heard back from them, so that's that. Honestly, it was the money and the potential of permanence that I was after, not the job itself. I don't think that I would have been very happy doing basically phone sales - even if I believed in the product.

This weekend was pretty good. I spent a good portion of Friday helping my sister move into a new house, and I got to see my mom and grandma, as well as my dad. And, of course, my sister and niece.

Friday night I went to a Good Friday service at Eastgate Bible Chapel, then headed over to my church (Montavilla Baptist Church) to meet up with friends. We had a late dinner at Gustav's in Clackamas, then I went over to a friend's to watch a movie. I was kind of sleepy when I left, but I made it home with no problems. Often when I drive at night, and I know that I'm getting tired, I'll pull off the road and either rest or walk around the car a few times. Then when I get home, I'll pull the seat back and snooze for a while before heading in to bed. There's something just so peaceful about sleeping in the car after a drive. Anyway, by request, I didn't do that on Friday night.

Saturday was a lazy, lazy day. I watched a good movie called Two Brothers, then later, John and I met a friend for a late lunch at Pho Hung. Lemon grass chicken, mmm. Then we all went back home to watch The Incredibles. The friend who met us was still recovering from strep throat and a cold (and still is, although she sounds much better), so she was ready to call it an early night.

Sunday morning I got up earlier than expected, and decided to go to the earlier Easter service at Montavilla. It was wonderful. I talked about lunch plans with one or two other people, but they needed to remain at the church through the second service (one was singing, the other was helping with the continental breakfast), so I had about 90 minutes to kill. Spur of the moment, I drove over to Eastgate, whose 11:00 service had only just started, and I slipped in the back. It, too, was a wonderful service.

After the Eastgate service, a friend (who didn't know I'd be there) invited me to an Easter dinner with the extended family. Of course, I didn't go to Eastgate hoping to get invited, but I certainly accepted the invitation. So I met a bunch of new people, had a great dinner, and played Apples to Apples for the first time. Fun game!

After taking my friend home, I went back home for a little while, then met some people at Kennedy School to see Finding Neverland for the second time. Thank goodness I had seen it before, because I ended up falling asleep about a half hour into it, and woke up when the credits rolled. Which of course was good for a laugh, because apparently I was breathing loudly with my mouth open. Eh.

So today I'm at home. The agencies know I'm available for work, and I'm following other job leads as well. It's nice to be able to sleep in, but I really don't like being in this state of limbo.

1 Talked Back:

At March 29, 2005 at 9:15:00 AM CST, Blogger stan said...

It was about the same, I think. Now it's just a matter of whom I choose to spend time with, and in what setting.

Actually, sometimes I wish I could "cave up" again sometimes, for the sole purpose of saving a little money! :)

 

Okay, now it's your turn | Home