Tuesday, August 02, 2005

I found my twin brother!

There once was a band called Five Iron Frenzy that played really good Christian ska music in the late 90's, back when ska was huge. I mean, they played good music before and after then, too, but that's when they reached the big time, at least in the Christian music world. They didn't always play ska, though: they had written several other songs that didn't fit into their ska "mold", and they released albums of these songs under the moniker Brave Saint Saturn. The band has dismantled since then, but their lead singer, Reese Roper, has formed another band called...Roper.

Roper played at the Creation West music festival in George, Washington last weekend, and my buddy Justin, who's a big fan of them, went to see their show. He also got a picture with Reese, and noted that he looked a lot like me. A few years ago, I, too, noticed this similarity when looking at a BSS album cover, but never really noticed the strong resemblance until I saw his picture on Justin's blog.

Take a look:



I'd better call Mom. I think there's something she's not telling me.

5 Talked Back:

At August 2, 2005 at 1:51:00 AM CDT, Blogger Scott said...

They say we all have a twin somewhere.

 

At August 2, 2005 at 2:19:00 AM CDT, Blogger stan said...

Yes, and after much searching, I think I actually found yours...

 

At August 2, 2005 at 2:27:00 AM CDT, Blogger Scott said...

You're right, it's amazing on how much we look alike! :)

 

At August 2, 2005 at 2:33:00 PM CDT, Blogger Jim said...

sometimes you guys just scare me

 

At August 4, 2005 at 10:14:00 AM CDT, Blogger nitsuj said...

Ok, fine, I'll finally comment. I've visited your blog more in the last few days than ever before, it's just funny.. Haha, I KNEW there was a similarity between you guys.. but little did I know you both wore hats! Uncanny! :)

 

Okay, now it's your turn | Home