Thursday, August 04, 2005

Sidewalk Air Filter OR Discovery Chunk Watch

DAY 2*, 7:55am: Yesterday morning as I was walking from the parking garage to the office, I noticed this dirty air filter on the sidewalk:


Funny, when I glanced it yesterday, it appeared clean and new. I thought it was strange that someone would leave an unused air filter on a sidewalk.

I'll keep my eye out to see how long it remains here. I won't be watching it on the weekend.

Thank you Jim, it just might be a chunk of space shuttle Discovery. NASA has been alerted but won't be able to retrieve the chunk immediately due to their grounding of all flights.

*I didn't post anything on Day 1, because I didn't anticipate it still being there this morning.

6 Talked Back:

At August 4, 2005 at 1:47:00 PM CDT, Blogger Jim said...

are you sure it's not that piece they cut off of the space shuttle?

 

At August 4, 2005 at 1:55:00 PM CDT, Blogger stan said...

It might be! I'd better alert NASA.

 

At August 4, 2005 at 3:12:00 PM CDT, Blogger Jim said...

Stan did you look up, maybe it fell out of an air vent, maybe someone or something has entered the air ducts in your building and is staring at you right now and is thinking "Whoopee a snack!"

 

At August 4, 2005 at 4:02:00 PM CDT, Blogger stan said...

While that's a likely scenario -it's happened three times in August alone - this air filter or Discovery chunk was actually found four blocks away outside a parking garage. (Not the one I park in)

 

At August 4, 2005 at 4:38:00 PM CDT, Blogger Jim said...

that filter's twin has been spotted stalking Reese Roper

 

At August 4, 2005 at 4:51:00 PM CDT, Blogger stan said...

That's ridiculously funny

 

Okay, now it's your turn | Home