Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Zrharc!

Many Blogger or Blog*spot blogs require a person to type in a random string of letters before their comment will go through to a post. (This blog doesn't have one because of the above spam-trapper post.) Many times, that "word" resembles an actual word, and inspires the commenter to make up a funny definition for it, tacking it onto the end of the comment like so:

gfygbrz <---- Blogger's version of goofy goobers

It occurred to me that there should be a sort of anthology of these wacky words and their definitions. A llxycn <--lexicon, so to speak. Named after the word that inspired the idea, I have created Zrharc! The Comment Word Verification Dictionary.

Obviously, the posts are few (one so far), but hopefully there will be many contributors once this catches on. I want you to be one of those contributors - I just need your e-mail address so I can send you the team-blog invitation. If you've ever played Balderdash, you already know how this works.

Oh, I forgot to mention: Naturally, that blog also has word verification turned on.