Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Yet another reason I need headphones

Within my one-cubicle radius sits a guy (one of the few guys in this office) who I call NPR, because his voice sounds like about a half dozen of the news announcers on that network; most notably Robert Siegel, and to a lesser degree, Linda Wertheimer.

NPR is one of those 40-something guys who still thinks he's living his university glory days. His cubicle is decked out with just about every imaginable piece of OSU licensed merchandise that will fit inside and still allow him access to his chair. I can (sort of) understand supporting a school because you are an alumnus, or you are still a fan of one of their sports teams. Or maybe you have a close family member attending that school now.

But what I overheard in another overly loud conversation today (which, creepily, sounded like a bizarro-world "All Things Considered" story) put this guy right over the line into obsessive insanity: He has not one, but two, recent tattoos of the OSU logo and the Beavers mascot on his body.

Now try to get that image out of your head.

1 Talked Back:

At November 16, 2005 at 1:21:00 AM CST, Blogger h-i-p said...

Gosh. I think I'm having too much fun thinking of all the different places beavers DON'T belong permanently inked on the human body. The worst thing is that it was recent.

 

Okay, now it's your turn | Home