Thursday, December 08, 2005

Everything I touched turned to gold vanilla

I was walking around the mall last night with a friend, and we went into one of those Bath Oil and Lotion shops so she could buy something. This place was like a foreign world to me, all of the creams, balms, peels, lotions, treatments, etc. I had no idea that half of this stuff existed.

So there was this tester bottle of a hand lotion that smelled like vanilla and something else I forgot (more vanilla?), and I tried it out, naturally putting on way too much and having to wipe the excess onto my pant legs. This was an affirmation of my masculinity: I don't think girls are generally allowed to wipe lotion onto their pant legs, at least not in public. Well this stuff smelled pretty good, a little bit foofoo, but it didn't matter since I was just going home after the mall. Well, apparently this lotion is industrial strength, because even after:
  • a night of sleep
  • a shower this morning (handling more than one type of cleaning substance)
  • an application of a different type of lotion (which is actually Vaseline in cream form; yes, I have very dry hands)
I can still smell the vanilla lotion, and it's pretty strong. Maybe I need a micro dermabrasion, or whatever it's called.

4 Talked Back:

At December 8, 2005 at 2:10:00 PM CST, Blogger Jim said...

I think I read where that's permanent, you're going to smell like a vanilla-fudge cake forever.

 

At December 9, 2005 at 3:51:00 PM CST, Blogger That One Chick You Know said...

You know what microdermabrasian is?

Impressive.

 

At December 9, 2005 at 4:25:00 PM CST, Blogger stan said...

I really don't know what it is, but I've heard the word tossed around when I'm hanging out with the ladies.

 

At December 9, 2005 at 9:58:00 PM CST, Blogger Samuel John Klein said...

Man, my wife lurves those shops.

I got her a couple of bottles of those froufrou hand lotions for her birthday a couple months back and, like, I'm still her hero for it.

They do smell nice tho'. 'Cos, mmmm, vanilla.

 

Okay, now it's your turn | Home